Child Dental Benefits Schedule
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) is an Australian Government initiative, worth $2.7 billion, providing a monetary capped benefit entitlement for a range of basic dental services, available for children.
What Treatment is Included in the Program?
Check-ups, x-rays, fillings and extractions.
Orthodontic services and other high end treatments are not included. The total benefit may reach $1000 per child over a two year period, however it will depend on the eligibility of the family.
How Do I Know if I am Eligible for the CDBS?
A letter from the Australian Government will arrive in early 2014 to confirm eligibility for eligible families.
- Children aged 2 to 17 who meet certain means testing are eligible for the CDBS.
- Families eligible for Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A) or certain other government payments will be able to take advantage of the CDBS.
- Eligibility is confirmed each calendar year; and funds will be available for 2 calendar years.
- Please ensure your information with Medicare, Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs is up-to-date. To update contact Medicare on 132 011.
- For FTB-A matters, phone Centrelink on 136 150.
- To contact the Department of Vetran’s Affairs, phone 1332 254.
To learn more, please contact us or visit the Department of Health’s website here.