First Visit Experience
Our professional team will help make your new patient experience a comfortable and positive one. On your first visit to Baldivis Family Dental Care, you can expect the following once you arrive:
- A friendly welcome at reception where you will be asked to complete ‘pre-treatment details’ which will provide us with important information to be able to better care for you. You can also download the new patient form here, complete it at your leisure and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- Patients arriving early can relax in our modern patient lounge with a variety of reading material, dental service information pages, toys for children and a flat screen TV.
- A member of our team will then show you into one of our modern, comfortable treatment rooms and you will be introduced to your experienced and friendly dentist.
- Your dentist will conduct a comprehensive oral health check. Which includes a thorough review of both soft (gums) and hard (teeth) tissues and your dentist will discuss the findings with you and hear about any specific concerns you may have. Your comprehensive oral examination will include;
- A guided tour of your mouth with our special intra- oral camera allowing you to get a clear view of your current oral health.
- Radiographs (dental films) as required.
- Your dentist will provide an overview of findings with tailored treatment options suited to your specific treatment needs and desires. Our goal is to partner with you in achieving a lifetime of oral health.
Special care for anxious patients
Our team has created a comfortable, friendly and relaxed environment in our modern practice to help you feel at ease.Our dentists are gentle, understanding and will work to make your dental experience as comfortable as possible.
In addition to our caring team, we offer Intravenous (IV) Sedation, Penthrox and general anaesthetic to help alleviate anxiety as well as assist patients who have to undergo lengthy appointments.
See our Anxious Patients page for more information on these options or talk with our team if you are a nervous patient or would like more information about our special care for anxious patients.
Private Health Fund Benefits
If you are a member of a private health fund we are able to process your requests in just a few minutes while you wait with our HICAPS machine so all you need to pay, is the difference. We are also Preferred Providers for HBF, Medibank Private and Bupa. Click here for further information on Preferred Providers
We also understand that many private health fund benefits remain unclaimed each year which is why we advocate the Keep Track… Get Back campaign. For further information on this, click here.